2016-17 School Year
Happy Spring! It is hard to believe we are already beginning the fourth quarter of the school year. All third through eighth grade students will engage in Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) testing in March and April. Additionally, we will also be administering an Illinois Science Assessment (ISA) to fifth and eighth grade students. This assessment is aligned to the Illinois Learning Standards for science incorporating the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Students, faculty, and staff have worked on the necessary skills to make sure everyone is prepared and confident to take these assessments.
Registration packets for the 2017-18 school year will be sent home with students on Friday, April 21. Please watch for them and call your child’s school office if you do not receive one. The registration packet should be returned as soon as possible. In order to qualify for the discount on fees, you must return your packet by Friday, May 5. For your convenience, online payments can be made through our website at ksd140.org.
In May, students will be assessed using Measures of Academic Progress (MAP). We use MAP assessments to determine students' instructional level and to measure academic growth throughout the school year and from year to year in the areas of Math and Reading.
Important Fourth Quarter Dates and Reminders:
- With spring, comes spring fever. Please remind your student that there is still a lot left to accomplish during the final few months of the school year.
- March 31: Report Cards Issued
- April 3 - 7: Spring Break - No School
- April 10: Classes Resume - Welcome Back!
- April 14: Special Holiday – No School
- April 20: Board of Education Meeting
- April 21: Registration Packets for the 2017-18 SY will be sent home with students. Please return them ASAP as this information helps us with planning for next year..
- May 5: Deadline for Discount on 2017-18 SY Fees
- May 5: START Day - Early Dismissal / Eighth Grade Parties
- May 10: District Spelling Bee
- May 18: Board of Education Meeting
- May 23: District Track Meet
- May 26: START Day – Early Dismissal
- May 29: Memorial Day - No School
- May 30: Prairie View Graduation Ceremony at Andrew High School
- May 31: Grissom Graduation Ceremony at Andrew High School
- June 1: Last Day of School - Reports Cards Issued
Finally, as the school year draws to a close, I'd like to express my gratitude to our faculty, PTO, and our families for their continued support and commitment to our school. The strength of our community and the passion to provide an exceptional educational experience for each of our students is what makes our school so special. I am truly grateful to be part of such an extraordinary team.
Have a safe, restful, and enjoyable summer. I look forward to seeing you next year!