In light of Governor Pritzker’s announcement suspending in-person learning for the remainder of the school year, we’ve devised a safe and efficient plan for parents to retrieve student supplies and personal belongings left in the building since March.
PICK UP INFORMATION AND PROCEDURES:
- DATES/TIMES: Pickup will be on Wednesday, May 13th from 9:00 am - noon and from 4:00 - 6:00 pm. We are attempting to stagger the pickup times to reduce the traffic, lines, and wait time. Please do your best to come during your assigned time slot. However, if this is impossible for you, then you may come during a different time slot. If you have children with different last names and different time slots, then pick the time slot that works best for you.
Day Time Pick Up:
9:00 to 10:00 – Students with last names beginning with A through J
10:00 to 11:00 – Students with last names beginning with K through Z
11:00 to 12:00 – Open time for any student pick up
Evening Pick Up:
4:00 to 4:30 – Students with last names beginning with A through J
4:30 to 5:00 – Students with last names beginning with K through Z
5:00 to 6:00 – Open time for any student pick up
- PICKUP LOCATION: For the safety of all involved, all pickups must be done in cars. Parents will drive into the lot on O’Brien Drive in the rear of the school. Please drive in the lane nearest the curb. You will not be allowed to park. Parents must STAY IN THEIR VEHICLES.
- PULL FORWARD: Pull forward to the designated pick up area. This will keep parent vehicles from backing up into the street.
- STUDENT NAMES: You will pick up for ALL household students in one stop. Please write the FIRST AND LAST names, as well as your student’s teacher and room number on a sheet of paper (standard lined or printer paper is fine). Please use large, bold letters so we can read your sign from a distance. You will show this sign from your car window as you pull up. This is very important; not all staff helpers know you or your children. DO NOT EXIT YOUR VEHICLE.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING AND PPE: Staff will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and will be maintaining social distance (at least 6 feet) from parents and other staff at all times. We miss you all greatly, but in the interest of public health and safety, we will have to limit our interactions to just a wave and perhaps a clarification through the car window from a distance. Our goal is to get all parents through the pick-up line as quickly and safely as possible.
- SUPPLIES: After reading your student name(s), staff will radio into the school building for your student(s) packed and labeled belongings, including contents of desks, musical instruments, and medications. We are not sorting the contents of the desks; if it is in the desk, it will come home. A staff member will deliver these supplies directly into your trunk. PLEASE DO NOT EXIT YOUR VEHICLE.
- PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RETURN ANY SCHOOL MATERIALS AT THIS TIME: We are NOT accepting the return of any school-owned supplies or devices, such as library books, textbooks, checked out calculators, or iPads, at this time. Please hold onto them. We will communicate on how to return these at a later date.
As always, thank you for your partnership as we work together to keep students and staff safe. This continues to be a very fluid and difficult time for our students, our families, and our staff. Please do not hesitate to reach out me if you need clarification with this process. We are here to assist and support our families with whatever they need.