John A. Bannes Elementary School serves kindergarten through fifth grade students in Tinley Park, IL. We are committed to working in partnership with our community to build a safe, respectful, and nurturing environment where students are equipped with skills for life and learning.
School Colors: Black and Yellow
First Opened: 1966
- Students (K-5): 7:55 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
- Half-Day Kindergarten: 7:55 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
- AM Early Childhood: 7:55 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- PM Early Childhood: 11:50 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
- PM Preschool: 11:40 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Please note: School starts at 7:55 a.m. Students should not be dropped off before 7:45 a.m.
- School Year Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Summer Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. During the summer, we are closed for lunch from 11:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m. Our offices are also closed on all Fridays in July and the first Friday in August.
- All K-5 (Including Half-Day Kindergarten): 7:55 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
- AM Early Childhood: 7:55 a.m. - 9:20 a.m.
- PM Early Childhood: 9:45 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
- PM Preschool: 9:40 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade: 10:35 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- 2nd and 3rd Grade: 11:20 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- 4th and 5th Grade: 12:05 p.m. - 12.45 p.m.
Before and After School Care
Ivy League provides before and after school care in all D140 elementary schools. Please visit Ivy League for information regarding pricing, hours, and registration.
Important Phone Numbers:
- Bannes School: 708-532-6466
- District Office: 708-532-6462
- Special Services: 708-532-8537
- Transportation: 708-532-8539
Change in Transportation
If your student needs to be dismissed early or if there is a change in their method of transportation, please complete a Change of Transportation form and return it to your student's teacher and please notify the school office regarding any changes.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.