Volunteer Sign Up
Volunteering Is Easy! The Millennium PTO has put all of the volunteer opportunities online. We are hoping to simplify things for both the volunteers and for the PTO. You can easily sign-up with friends this way, leave comments like “I can help, but need to leave early”, and better plan your future schedules.
At Open House you may have provided your email address for various upcoming events. If so, you will be receiving an email invitation to volunteer for those events online. You can also just check out this website now and follow the simple steps:
- Go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/RnExMn
- Enter your email address: You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com
- Sign Up! Choose your spots - SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. You can also download your sign-ups to several different calendars like Outlook and Google!
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, or have any other questions, please contact Gina Minetti.
P.T.O. News You Can Use!
Please click on the links below to get caught up on the latest P.T.O. news and events scheduled for Millennium Elementary School.
- May 2019 PTO News
- April 2019 PTO News
- March 2019 PTO News
- January 2019 PTO News
- November 2018 PTO News
- October 2018 PTO News
PTO Officers for the 2018-19 School Year
|Co-Vice Presidents||Shari Teigeler and Kim Troesch|
|Assistant Treasurer||Tiffany Mullarkey|
|Public Relations||Carrie Hoekstra|
Parent Organization Committees for the 2018-19 School Year
|After School Activity|
|Book Fair||Shari Teigler|
|Boo Hoo Tea|
|Card Fundraiser||Anne Lasecki|
|Craft Committee||Anne Lasecki and Lauren Pasek|
|Facebook Page||Carrie Hoekstra|
|Family Walk to School||Lauren Pasek|
|Field Day Activities||PTO Executive Board|
|Food Sales||Kim Troesch|
|Fun Services||Anne Lasecki|
|High School Volunteers||Kelly Wieglos|
|Movie Nights||Yvette McGrath|
|Popcorn Days||Tricia Hutter|
|School Toolbox||Jen Poortinga|
|Spirit Wear||Lisa McCarty and Jen Poortinga|
|Taffy Apples||Jen O'Shea|
|Vendor Fair||Carrie Hoekstra|
2018-19 PTO Meeting Dates
- September 5 @ 7:00 p.m. ... Meeting Minutes
- November 7 @ 7:00 p.m. ... Meeting Minutes
- January 9 @ 7:00 ap.m. ... Meeting Minutes
- March 6 @ 7:00 p.m. ... Meeting Minutes
- May 1 @ 9:30 a.m. ... Meeting Minutes
1. To provide teachers with supplemental instructional activities, assemblies, and educational equipment.
- The PTO will support and promote the District Goals and Objectives established by the Kirby School District Board of Education.
- The PTO will provide educational games, books, student assemblies, and educational equipment and supplies for teachers to enhance the curriculum.
- The PTO will provide incentives to help motivate students in striving for greater success in school. The accelerated reading program and running club are examples of PTO support.
- The PTO will sponsor fund-raisers to help fund goals that support students and staff.
2. To improve parent, school, and community communication.
- The PTO will communicate through newsletters, meetings, and social events.
- The PTO will assist with Open House and any other activity that promotes communication between school and home.
- The PTO will sponsor service projects that provide assistance to parents and school staff. School Supply Orders are an example of service projects.
3. Continue to support charitable organizations in the Tinley Park Community.
- Institutions Millennium will continue to support include, but are not limited to, The Andrew Scholarship Fund, Breast Cancer Research, the Crisis Center, and Red Ribbon Week