Sports Physical and Parental Consent Forms
Click on the links below to download forms.
- Parent Permission Forms for All Grissom Sports
- Parental Consent For KSD 140 Intramural or SWIC Participation
- Student Athletes Agreement to Participate
- Sports Physical
SWIC Sporting Event Locations
Southwest Interscholastic Conference (SWIC)
Grissom Middle School provides a broad and varied program of extracurricular activities designed to meet the needs and interests of students. Students who represent the middle school in extracurricular activities must maintain good academic and disciplinary status in order to remain eligible for these programs. Student eligibility is determined by their teachers based on the student's schoolwork and behavior.
Any team member whoreceives an "F" in any subject is temporarily suspended from competition for one week, or until academic improvement is noted. Students who are on suspension may practice but may not play or participate until a passing grade or progress is made toward improving their academic performance.
Grissom is a member of the SWIC, which offers many competitive activities including: girls' 12" fast-pitch softball, boys' 16" softball, girls' and boys' cross country, girls' and boys' basketball, girls' and boys' volleyball, girls' and boys' soccer, girls' and boys' track & field.
Guidelines for Spectators
- Our doors open at 3:50 pm for home events. Do not arrive before that time.
- Students must remove their hats while in the building. Students may not return to their lockers at any time.
- All Grissom Middle School students must have a Student ID in order to attend a game. Once you've arrived at the game, you are restricted to the main Gym area. If you leave the Gym and the game, you may not return later that afternoon or evening.
- Rules of good conduct apply during our games, as they would during the school day and consequences for inappropriate behavior are the same as they would be during the school day, including possible suspension or detentions.
- We ask our Grissom spectators to demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times. Do not ridicule or show disrespect to opposing players. Anyone throwing any objects on the gym floor or in the bleachers will be dismissed with no opportunity to attend future events. Anyone using profane or foul language will be dismissed with no opportunity to attend future events.
- Respect any adult or Grissom teacher who may talk to you or give you directions.
- There is no eating or drinking refreshments in the Gym.
- Finally, treat visitors from other schools with respect. Think about how you would want to be treated if you visited another school for a game.