Christa McAuliffe Elementary School serves kindergarten through fifth grade students in Tinley Park, IL. Our school strives to provide a dynamic and supportive learning environment that encourages a lifelong love of learning, a commitment to good character, and a dedication to service.
School Colors: Blue, White, and Silver
First Opened: 1987
2022-23 School Hours:
- Students (K-5): 7:55 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
- Half-Day Kindergarten: 7:55 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
- AM Early Childhood: 7:55 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- PM Early Childhood: 11:50 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
Please note: School starts at 7:55 a.m. Students should not be dropped off before 7:45 a.m.
- School Year Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Summer Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. During the summer, we are closed for lunch from 11:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m. Our offices are also closed on all Fridays in July and the first Friday in August.
2022-23 Half-Day Schedule:
- All K-5 (Including Half-Day Kindergarten): 7:55 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
- AM Early Childhood: 7:55 a.m. - 9:20 a.m.
- PM Early Childhood: 9:45 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
2022-23 Lunch Schedule:
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade: 10:40 a.m. - 11:20 a.m.
- 2nd and 3rd Grade: 11:25 a.m. - 12:05 p.m.
- 4th and 5th Grade: 12:10 p.m. - 12.50 p.m.
Before and After School Care
Ivy League provides before and after school care in all D140 elementary schools. Please visit Ivy League for information regarding pricing, hours, and registration.
Important Phone Numbers:
- McAuliffe School: 708-429-4565
- District Office: 708-532-6462
- Special Services: 708-532-8537
- Transportation: 708-532-8539
2022-23 Entrance/Exit Procedures
We urge you to review and discuss the following entrance and exit procedures with your child. Each child is a precious gift. We will not jeopardize their safety for convenience. As always, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
All Bus Riders, Car Riders and Walkers will enter and exit through the following doors:
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade - Door 1 (Office Front Door)
- 2nd Grade - Door 2 (East Front Door)
- 3rd Grade - Door 6 (Music Room Door)
- 4th and 5th Grade - Door 5 (Art Room Door)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.