Kirby School District 140 encompasses approximately 12 square miles of the Chicago suburban towns of Tinley Park, Orland Hills, and Orland Park, Illinois. The District includes two middle schools and five elementary schools and serves more than 3,500 students in preschool through eighth grade. KSD 140 employs approximately 600 full and part-time individuals to equip students with skills for life and learning.
Every Child. Every Day.
Kirby School District 140 is committed to working in partnership with our community to build a safe, respectful, and nurturing environment where students are equipped with skills for life and learning.
KSD 140 Schools
- John A. Bannes Elementary School (grades Preschool-5)
- Fernway Park Elementary School (grades Preschool-5)
- Helen Keller Elementary School (grades Preschool-5)
- Christa McAuliffe Elementary School (grades Preschool-5)
- Millennium Elementary School (grades Preschool-5)
- Virgil I. Grissom Middle School (grades 6-8)
- Prairie View Middle School (grades 6-8)
Curriculum and Instruction
District 140 recognizes the responsibility of providing our students with the most current research and best practices available in the field of education. Our instruction is designed to provide all students with a rigorous and relevant curriculum and to ensure that every student has access to knowledge and skills that challenges him or her to reach mastery.
Character Education and Service Learning
We believe character education is a learning process that enables students to understand and act on core ethical values such as respect, caring, citizenship, and responsibility for self and others. Kirby School District 140 integrates meaningful community service with instruction to enrich our student’s learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen community ties.
Athletics and Activities
A member of the Southwest Interscholastic Conference (SWIC), Kirby School District 140 offers many competitive activities, including softball, cross country, basketball, volleyball, track, soccer, cheerleading, Mathletes, Declamation, Band, and Chorus. Additionally, we offer students more than 50 different clubs and co-curricular activities throughout the school year.
District Contact Information:
- 16931 S. Grissom Drive, Tinley Park, IL 60477
- Phone: 708-532-6462
- Fax: 708-532-8547
- Email: Please click HERE to email Kirby School District 140
- District Office Hours: 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Students (K-5): 7:55 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
- Middle School Students: 8:45 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Half-Day Kindergarten: 7:55 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
- AM Early Childhood: 7:55 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- PM Early Childhood: 11:50 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
- AM KSD 140 Preschool: 8:10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- PM KSD 140 Preschool: 11:40 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- All K-5 (Including Half-Day Kindergarten): 7:55 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
- Middle School Students: 8:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- AM Early Childhood: 7:55 a.m. - 9:20 a.m.
- PM Early Childhood: 9:45 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
- AM KSD 140 Preschool: 8:10 a.m. - 9:10 a.m.
- PM KSD 140 Preschool: 9:40 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.