2020-2021 Calendar Handbook Update (8-27-2020)
The 2020-2021 Calendar Handbook was sent to the printer before the decision was made to switch to remote learning. Please note the following changes to the 2020-2021 calendar:
- Kindergarten Round-Up has been cancelled.
- Elementary Open House will be virtual on Tuesday, September 1st from 6:00-7:30 pm. Individual time slots will be scheduled. Look for more information to come.
- Middle School Open House will be virtual on Wednesday, September 2nd. There will be time scheduled for the students to meet their teachers. Look for more information to come.
- The first day of school will be Tuesday, September 1st,
- The seven (7) Half-Day lnservice Days that were scheduled have been cancelled. These seven (7) days will be considered full days of attendance: September 30, October 30, December 22, 2020; February 12, March 19, May 7, and June 11, 2021.
The Parent/Student Handbook has been developed to provide families with vital information regarding Kirby School District 140. Please take some time to review its contents and familiarize yourself with those items that are most pertinent to you and your family.
Throughout the year, you will be kept informed with ongoing information and news relative to your child’s classroom, school, and our District. Please consult the District website for additional Kirby School District 140 news. All District policies are also available for review under the Board of Education section of our website.
Parents provide an integral piece to the success of any school system. Your continued support has allowed us to provide quality programs for all of our students. Please feel free, at any time, to contact your child’s teacher, building principal and/or central office administrators regarding any issue or concern.