It's game on for a great cause! D140 middle schools are competing against each other to see which school can bring in the most non-perishable food items for the Tinley Park Food Pantry. Students are encouraged to bring in donations between January 27th and January 31st.
All students who donate food earn 1 raffle ticket per item. If your food donations match the following theme days, you will be given 2 raffle tickets per item! Those raffle tickets earn you the chance to win gift cards!
Food Drive Challenge Theme Days:
- January 27th - Munchie Monday at Grissom and Macaroni Monday at PV
Grissom: Snacks for lunches (juice boxes, peanut butter, jelly, fruit snacks, chips, applesauce, etc.) / PV: Anything Pasta
- January 28th - TWO-FOR-Tuesday at Grissom and Taco Tuesday at PV
Grissom: Receive 2 raffle tickets for any item you bring in! / PV: Anything that might be used with tacos!
- January 29th - Wholesome Wednesday at Grissom and Cereal Wednesday at PV
Grissom: Anything healthy (pasta, rice, oatmeal, dried fruit, trail mix, granola bars, etc.) / PV: Any type of cereal.
- January 30th - Tin Can Thursday at both Grissom and PV
Grissom and PV: All canned goods
- January 31st - SOUPER BOWL Friday at Grissom / Fruit Friday at PV
Grissom: Cans of soup / PV: Any canned fruit.