D140 is excited to announce that our students will now have access to Sora, a student reading app, which provides free 24/7 access to hundreds of ebooks and audiobooks!
Install Sora in 5 easy steps!
- Install the Sora app from the District App Portal, Apple App Store or Google Play Store, or go to soraapp.com.
- In Sora, find your school (or enter your school's setup code - kirbyil), then tap go on the keyboard or Get started!
- Sign in with your student login information.
- Browse the Explore tab and tap Borrow to read a book. Your book will open so you can start reading right away.
- Close the book and go to your Shelf to see all your books (including assignments). From there, you can tap Open book or Open audiobook to read or listen to the book. Tap Options to renew or return the book, get to your notes and highlights, and more.
Can I link Sora to my public library’s collection?
Yes! If you link your school Sora account to your public library account, you will gain access to thousands of titles. Please click on your library below for directions on how to obtain a digital library card and/or link your account.
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher or your school’s media director. Enjoy!