Dear D140 Families and Staff:
Good afternoon, I hope this email finds you and your families safe and healthy.
We’ve been working diligently on final plans for the end-of-the-year, and I would like to share some specific details with you.
- May 15 - May 29: Remote eLearning days continue for all grades
- May 20: Online registration begins. Look for an email from KSD 140 with login instructions for Infinite Campus, our new online student information system.
- May 25: Memorial Day holiday
- May 29: Last day of school for all students.
- June 1 - 2: Let’s celebrate our 8th grade graduates! Video and final farewell details will be communicated separately to our 8th grade families.
- June 1 - 3:
- Eighth grade ONLY iPads are available for purchase ($75) or return to D140. Library books on loan to eighth grade students should be returned as well at this time. Details regarding iPad purchase/return and library book collections will be communicated separately to our eighth grade families prior to the end of the year.
- Professional development for staff, finalizing the end of the year and planning for the fall.
- June 3 - Elementary report cards will be posted to Seesaw. Middle school fourth quarter information will be available on Parent Connect.
- June 16: First day of (virtual) Extended School Year (ESY) and (virtual) Reading and Math Tutoring for students who receive Special Education services. Please contact Doreen Reiner (email@example.com) if you still need to register your child for summer special education services.
We are not collecting iPads or library books prior to the end of the school year from Kindergarten through seventh grade families. Students may keep their iPads and library books at home over the summer and return them when school reopens in the fall. Look for an email from your K - 7th grade principal regarding OPTIONAL summer iPad activities.
As always, I am impressed with the strength and resiliency of our D140 students, staff, families. Thank you for your patience throughout these difficult past few months. Your commitment to your student’s eLearning, and your support of our District is deeply appreciated.
Dr. Shawn M. Olson