Dear Kirby School District 140 families,
Thank you for participating in our Second Quarter Commitment Form & Survey. We received 3,285 responses to our questions about health & safety, learning options, transportation, and Remote Learning. Highlights from the survey include:
Health & Safety
- 73% needed to know the District had protective measures in place in order to feel safe returning their student to school
- 15% felt safe returning their student to school without any IDPH safety measures in place
- 12% indicated nothing would make them feel safe
Learning Option Models
- 69% chose the Hybrid option
- 31% chose the Remote option
- 31% indicated access to bus service was somewhat to extremely important in getting their student to school
- 84% felt their student is assigned a reasonable amount of work
- 64% felt their student can manage their workload
- 38% felt their student is experiencing too much screen time during Remote Learning
Please click Second Quarter Commitment Form & Survey Results to review all responses.
Our administrative team met today to review school schedules, bus routes, and staffing based on families’ new learning choices. We are actively working to build upon the positives you identified and improving in the areas you recommended with our Remote Learning program.
I greatly appreciate your ongoing support and patience as we implement our second quarter learning options. Our goal remains the same - to safely provide the best possible learning environment for our students and staff.
Dr. Shawn M. Olson