Kirby School District 140 brought home 16 awards from the annual South Cook Math Bowl held at Prairie State College on April 27 - 28. Quite a feat when you consider more than 100 contestants from 16 school districts competed each day in the event.
The South Cook Math Bowl is an annual event that brings the best math students from elementary and middle schools in the south and southwest suburbs to compete against one another in individual and team events. In KSD 140, the three students with the highest math test scores per grade were selected to participate in the contest, with two competing and one serving as an alternate. D140 math coaches believe that the success of their math team is a direct result of the dedication, time, and effort the students and their teachers put forth in preparing for the competition.
- Muhammad T. - 4th place for first grade
- Dylan T. - 2nd place for second grade
- David D. - 3rd place for third grade
- Thomas F. - 2nd place for fourth grade
- Zach M. - 6th place for fourth grade
- Emmett W. - 1st place for fifth grade
- Allen M., - 6th place for fifth grade
- Patryk H. - 6th place for sixth grade
- Austin N. - 3rd place for sixth grade
- Charlotte G. - 1st place for seventh grade
- Jaxson McGrath. - 5th place for eighth grade
- First/Second Grade Team – 4th place: Muhammad T., Victoria C., Dylan T., Santino B.
- Third/Fourth Grade Team – 3rd place: David D., Alexi K., Thomas F., Zachary M.
- Seventh/Eighth Grade Team - 2nd place: Charlotte G., Atala S., Anthony B., and Jackson M.
D140’s 2023 MVP Awards went to Thomas F. and Atala S.
Additional contestants competing at this year’s event were Victoria C., Alexi K., and Anthony B. Alternates were Mason T., Angelica C., Zachary B., Uyioghosa I., Ellie C., Brennan C., Alexander A., Max M., Gabriel P., and Veeksha K.
Nicole Collins and Kate Robinson coached the D140 Math Bowl teams. Congratulations to all!