Sports Physical and Parental Consent Forms
Click on the links below to download forms.
- Parent Permission Forms for All PV Sport Try-Outs
- Parental Consent For KSD 140 Intramural or SWIC Participation
- Student Athletes Agreement to Participate
- Sports Physical
SWIC Sporting Event Locations
Southwest Interscholastic Conference (SWIC) Eligibility
Prairie View Middle School encourages all SWIC participants to maintain positive academic status levels throughout each SWIC season. SWIC athletic activities have developed into total “program” approaches in our District. Coaches meet with parents prior to each season to inform them of various expectations in behavior, appearance, and in the academic standards which are desired.
Students learn to appreciate the value of teamwork, and they build positive work ethic. Practices build skill levels and camaraderie. Every event is a team effort, yet the role each student athlete fulfills may not be easily measured in playing time. Coaches are careful to inform parents and students that SWIC presents a competitive sports platform. There are no guarantees that all players will actively compete in each game, yet all players are recognized for their contributing roles.
Praire View Middle School has an internal student review systems which require all faculty members to assess student athletes in terms of their academic status. Students who are failing in any subject area are liable for a temporary suspension from actual playing time until the failing grade is improved to a passing level. Thus any District 140 student athlete in SWIC, or in any other SWIC activity, has to be passing in all subject areas in order to play or actively participate. Students will be reviewed for academic eligibility every two weeks in their season. Student athletes must be passing all subject areas to be eligible to play in SWIC games. If a student is failing one or more subjects, he or she may continue to practice but they may not play in games or meets. Students who are assessed as failing will be reviewed again in one week to determine if improvement has occurred. If such improvement is present, they may be reinstated.
Students who participate in SWIC athletic activities must also have all appropriate District 140 medical release and permission forms completed before they may engage in practices and competition. Parent releases must be signed before students may try-out for athletic teams. Our school health offices have these forms.
Each sponsor or coach recognizes his or her SWIC students at the conclusion of the particular activity through various informal means. At such events, a student earns a school “Letter” for participation in the first SWIC activity of his or her experience. For most students, this occurs at the 6th or 7th Grade level. Students who participate in additional SWIC activities within a given school year or in subsequent school years earn a special activity “pin” for their involvement. SWIC sponsors and coaches may also recognize special contributions or effort of their students at the end of each school year within the 8th Grade Recognition Night activities.
Guidelines for Spectators
- Our doors open at 3:50 pm for home events. Do not arrive before that time.
- Students must remove their hats while in the building. Students may not return to their lockers at any time.
- All Prairie View Middle School students must have a Student ID in order to attend a game. Once you've arrived at the game, you are restricted to the main Gym area. If you leave the Gym and the game, you may not return later that afternoon or evening.
- Rules of good conduct apply during our games, as they would during the school day and consequences for inappropriate behavior are the same as they would be during the school day, including possible suspension or detentions.
- We ask our Prairie View spectators to demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times. Do not ridicule or show disrespect to opposing players. Anyone throwing any objects on the gym floor or in the bleachers will be dismissed with no opportunity to attend future events. Anyone using profane or foul language will be dismissed with no opportunity to attend future events.
- Respect any adult or Prairie View teacher who may talk to you or give you directions.
- There is no eating or drinking refreshments in the Gym.
- Finally, treat visitors from other schools with respect. Think about how you would want to be treated if you visited another school for a game.